Jim is a corporate communications professional with more than 20 years’ experience working in financial PR and politics. Jim’s expertise lies in the area of financial transactions – M&A, equity capital markets, capital restructures – as well as major reputational issues confronting public companies.
More than 14 years’ ago Jim was a founding partner of Third Person Communications, which was subsequently purchased by FTI Consulting. Jim helped grow the agency into the largest specialist financial communication advisory firm in the country, and led a team of more than 80 people in Australia and Asia.
Between 1994 and 1997 Jim worked as a media advisor to several senior Coalition leaders, including the Health Minister in the Fahey Government and to the Leader of the Opposition, Peter Collins. These roles included the management of Ministerial profiles, the development of parliamentary strategies and the management of controversial issues.
Jim holds a Bachelor of Arts (Communications) from Charles Sturt University and a Master of International Studies (M.Int.S) from University of Sydney.
- Sydney Airport’s AU$23.6 billion sale to a consortium led by Global Infrastructure Partners and IFM;
- Ausnet’s AU$7.7 billion sale to Brookfield Asset Management;
- Vulcan Steel’s AU$930 million IPO;
- Senex Energy’s proposed AU$860 million sale to POSCO International;
- EQT’s AU$1.5 billion acquisition of Metlifecare; and
- General communications support and media strategy for clients recently including AMP, Brookfield, Dexus, James Hardie, Rio Tinto, Seven Group and TPG Capital.