Ross is a highly experienced strategic communications adviser with more than 20 years’ experience working in politics and financial PR. He is a co-founder of two of the most successful corporate/financial agencies in Sydney and has advised on many of the largest and most complex financial transactions in recent Australian history.
Ross was previously a Senior Managing Director at FTI Consulting, the company which bought his firm, Third Person. Ross had also led FTI Consulting’s Strategic Communications division in the Asia-Pacific region as well as serving as its global head of Mergers and Acquisitions based in London during 2011 and 2012.
Ross began his working life as a media adviser in NSW Government and had several in-house corporate affairs roles before co-founding both the Cannings and Third Person financial PR agencies.
Ross has a Bachelor of Arts (Communications) from the University of Technology in Sydney.
- Allegro Funds acquisition of Toll Group Express;
- Coca Cola Amatil’s AU$9.28 billion sale to Coca Cola European Partners;
- Ramsay Healthcare’s proposed AU$3.9 billion takeover of UK listed Spire Healthcare;
- Woodside’s US$744 million acquisition of Exxon Mobil’s 50 per cent interest in the Scarborough gas field;
- Tatts Group’s AU$11.5 billion merger with Tabcorp; and
- Support and media strategy for clients including AMP, Coca Cola Amatil, Premier Investments, Rio Tinto, Woodside and Woolworths.