Ross is a highly experienced strategic communications adviser with more than 20 years’ experience working in politics and financial PR. He is a co-founder of two of the most successful corporate/financial agencies in Sydney and has advised on many of the largest and most complex financial transactions in recent Australian history.
Ross was previously a Senior Managing Director at FTI Consulting, the company which bought his firm, Third Person. Ross had also led FTI Consulting’s Strategic Communications division in the Asia-Pacific region as well as serving as its global head of Mergers and Acquisitions based in London during 2011 and 2012.
Ross began his working life as a media adviser in NSW Government and had several in-house corporate affairs roles before co-founding both the Cannings and Third Person financial PR agencies.
Ross has a Bachelor of Arts (Communications) from the University of Technology in Sydney.
- Woolworths’ proposed demerger of the Endeavour Group into a separate listed entity;
- AMP’s response to the Banking Royal Commission;
- Woodside’s acquisition of 50% stake in Scarborough gas field and associated AU$2.5 billion equity raising;
- CKI’s AU$7.4 billion acquisition of Duet Group;
- Tatts Group’s AU$11.5 billion merger with Tabcorp; and
- Support and media strategy for clients including AMP, Australis Post, Coca Cola Amatil, Premier Investments, Rio Tinto and Woolworths.